Celebrating Great Films


Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Screen Play

I'm currently studying screenwriting as part of my MA in Creative Writing.

To up the stakes, I've accepted two offers from production companies to write a screenplay for them. (That makes me sound pretty cool, huh? Well, I think so.)

One is a German production company that previously adapted one of my short stories into a short film called Ja Ich Will - which is effing brilliant. And the other is an Australian production company trying to break into the feature-length market.

Meanwhile, I've asked my boss if I can go down to four days a week so I can give over more time to writing. She was, in her own words, "sympathetic but unenthusiastic" - but I think we'll manage to reach an arrangement.

All of this adds up to some great opportunities. The planets are aligning.

This is the kind of shit I will seriously regret if I fuck it up.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment