Celebrating Great Films


Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 34

I'm on day 34 of my mad challenge to write 1000 words a day and get my novel finished by the end of the year.

It generally takes me at least a couple of hours, and sometimes twice that, to come up with 1000 reasonable words - so fitting that in around my day job has been challenging.

I've recently been suffering from a touch of stir-crazy since realising that I'm still not even halfway through and I have barely spent any time with my wife (who, bless her, has been remarkably supportive), let alone my friends and my films, for over a month.

At least, during the month of November, I'm in good company. Thousands of wannabe writers are torturing themselves in a similar way for NaNoWriMo. They're aiming to write 50,000 words in 30 days (about 1,700 per day) - I've so far managed a piffling 27,000 in 34 days (about 800 per day).

Yes, that means I'm currently 7,000 words behind. Well, I've got the day off tomorrow, and there's still a couple of hours left before I conk out today...

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Fish, I am a big fan of your writing and your blog. I have been trying to contact you via the Fiction on the Web email address, but it gives me a delivery error every time. I apologize because I know this isn't the forum for this, but could you please provide me with an updated email address? You can reach me at jaybender007@gmail.com. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete